On Friday night the remote to the tv was missing... as we took the couch cushions off searching for it Lorelai grabbed them up as fast as she could and started making a tent with them! It was SO cool, some things are classically timeless, you just don't have to teach a kid what a furniture fort is!!!
I never thought I'd be the parent to suggest camping... but she was just so excited about the cushion tent that I suggested a real (living room) camp out for Sunday night (since today is a government holiday)!! Rusty stayed up for s'mores (not clean) and watching Madagascar (hey, it's got animals and is as close to the outdoors as I really want to be anyway)... then, Lorelai and I bunkered down in her princess tent (after zipping Seuss in so she couldn't escape of course)!!! I offered Rusty a spot in the tent, heck I even offered him my spot in the tent (because camping isn't my idea of fun) but he declined. He did however make an for awesome bear/ Sasquatch each time he passed by outside.
So anyway, Lorelai and I roughed it until 10:30 when she declared "I want to get in our bed, this is ugly". Hahahahaaa. She is so my child. And, that concluded our first camping adventure!!
Fall It List: The Rugby Polo
3 days ago






No comments:
Post a Comment