Wednesday, September 21, 2011

An Inch of Gray

I read quite a few blogs of women that I've never met in real life. I follow them online, similar to how I'm sure someof my readers follow me even though we've never met. I surprisingly don't find it creepy at all. I think that in this big world of disconnect, this is a modern way to find bonds with others that have similar interests and situations. This story: http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/164818/44/Fire-Official-2-Dead-In-Va-Due-To-Flooding was linked with this mother's blog: http://aninchofgray.blogspot.com/. It's heart wrenching to stay the least, but what has struck me most is this post: http://momastery.blogspot.com/2011/09/anna.html written by Jack's mother's best friend, who described Anna's tribute to her son in these words... "I am witnessing the essence, the transcendent power of motherhood.".... and "a mother can do the impossible for her child." I read this over a week ago, and I haven't been able to get this story out of my head, the commitment to faith shown in the wake of such a tragedy is inspiring, I want to be the pillar of faith, strength, and stability for Lorelai that Anna so clearly is to her children.

No comments: