Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's my 30th Birthday

"Everything I know I learned after I was thirty." ~ Georges Clemenceau

I was so excited about my 30th birthday for the past year. Then this past month hit and I have been unbelievably down about it. Maybe I peaked in my twenties? Maybe I thought I'd be more "grown up" by the time I turned thirty, maybe I should be. Maybe I feel like there is nothing different on the horizon, maybe that's a good place to be? Maybe.


But, it's here none the less, and better than the alternative. I'm going to celebrate tonight, and it's going to be great! IT'S. GOING. TO. BE. GREAT.


My wish when I blow out the candles is to be more me, more of the time. It's so easy to lose your path and yourself when you focus on making everyone else happy, and all my friends say that when you hit thirty you learn to accept and priortize yourself more. I can't wait for this zen attitude to arrive, even if it means I have to move up a check box.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love you Sweet Caro. I love this post. I love you you write. You have a true gift. Happy Birthday to one of my best friends. May all your wishes come true!!