Sunday, October 10, 2010

1st Night

Tonight is Lorelai's 1st night in her toddler bed!! She has never, not even once, tried to climb out of her crib so there really hasn't been a need to convert her bed. But, with her 3rd birthday coming next week... it's was time. I lined the floor with pillows, and have already snuck back in once to put her legs back on the bed... and set the alarm for every two hours to go check on her.

We also waited until this weekend to even try potty training. We introduced the princess potty a few months ago, started reading potty books and discussing it but hadn't even attempted to potty train because when we asked her if she wanted to use the potty the answer was always 'no'. But, with her 3rd birthday just around the corner I thought we better get started... so on Friday morning we went cold turkey with the diapers (there was minimal whining)... but there were only TWO accidents (and they were within the first few hours of training) but it's been a solid 3 days and nights of successfully using the potty. Go Lorelai, go!!! Coolest, easiest kid in the world. Love her!*

It's been a bit bittersweet to see her crib converted, and the diaper genie moved out but she is just so darn excited that I'm over the moon with her!! Terrible twos?? Not in this house. We're about 10 days away from the big THREE and I think we've escaped unscathed.

Posted by Picasa
*Everyone loves her. We were at Starbucks last night with my parents, and Lorelai came out of the bathroom to tell her Meemi and Pa that she had used the potty and of course got the super star treatment... when the baristas asked why we were celebrating I told them (apparently I am that mom) and they started to cheer for her too!

No comments: