My grandparents were two of the finest people I will ever have the pleasure of meeting, and I can unabashedly say that they loved me. Their house was the back drop to some of my best childhood memories. My grandma always rolled out the red carpet when we came to town, and packed a years worth of love into the short visits we had. My grandpa was a funny, sometimes stubborn, hero that Lorelai took an immediate liking to.
My grandparents' estate was auctioned away on Saturday. We went to Ohio to buy some special things, and it was so sad. My dad said it best... the house wasn't different because all the furniture was gone, it was different because for the first time ever we weren't welcome there.
Cahill Family: I'm here for each and every one of you if you ever need anything, or just want to say hello, please do.
No comments:
Post a Comment